WordPress Ping List
Being a photographer working for yourself Is not all about taking photos and doing your editing. Your website is one of your largest resources and advertising tools, but you need to dedicate time every day to keep it looking fresh and upto date. This is were indexing and submitting your site url’s is a must.
Everything you need to do is free
People often ask me what I do to get my posts indexed in Google in as short as 15 minutes…
The short answer is I just use a super accurate WordPress Ping List!
If you’re not sure of what a WordPress Ping List is, it’s basically a list of servers to which a notification will be sent when you publish new content on your site to let them know that you’ve got new content on your site, and that they should “crawl” it and index it in their Search Engine Results.
You can find a good long ping list over at social sweetie or use the short list iv supplied below, take a look at the two and figure out which one you want to use: They each have their own benefits and uses… But first, let’s explain exactly what a WordPress ping list is
How can I change my Ping List
In order to change the WordPress Ping List that your site currently has, you will need to:
- Log into your WordPress Site (you can do this by going to “http://www.Domain.com/wp-admin” replacing the “domain” portion with your website name)
- Once you’re logged in, move your mouse over the Settings menu item, and select Writing
- Once the Writing page loads up you will want to scroll all the way down to the bottom, where you see Update Services. If your blog is a self hosted one you should only have one update service listed on your WordPress Ping List, it’s most likely http://rpc.pingomatic.com/ Go ahead and Delete That.
- Next you will need to Select a Ping List to use from Below. Make sure you use only 1 of the WordPress Ping Lists! If you paste them both in at the same time into your WordPress Update Services, not only will it take FOREVER for you to post, but the servers on the Ping List will think that you’re trying to Spam them…
- When you’ve read through the two different Ping Lists and their functions, feel free to Copy-Paste one of them into your Update Services field and click the blue Save Changes button.
- You’re all done! Now when you write posts, your website blog will automatically update the people on the WordPress Ping List of the new content, and this should get your website indexed faster.
Latest Ping list for 2013