What's In My Camera Bag
My Photography Kit
I frequently get asked what do you use's questions and "What camera do you use?” "Are you a Nikon guy or Canon guy?” “What lenses do you use for weddings?” “What kind of lighting do you have?” etc. Well, here’s your answer. What’s in my camera bag? …too much stuff, but I love it all.
- Olympus OMD EM-1 (2 off). My main camera. My baby. I LOVE this camera.
- Olympus OMD EM5 (2 off). Backup camera. Also fantastic for every day use.
- Olympus OMD EM-10. My everyday street camera (always in my bag)
- Olympus OM-2. Good old faithful film camera (with fuji pro400H film in)
- Nikon 35mm f/1.4G. Used for getting-ready photos, group portraits, etc.
- Nikon 50mm f/1.4G. I use this lens a ton. Sharp and fast.
- Nikon 85mm f/1.4G. I LOVE this lens. Sharp, fast, and creates awesome bokeh (background blur).
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8. I use this lens the most after the 50mm. Sharp, fast, and a great versatile zoom range.
- Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VRII. Great for wedding ceremonies or to really throw the background out of focus for portraits.
- Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm F1.8. Amazing and tack sharp for portraits.
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-50mm F3.5-6.3. Very good for macro shots (wedding rings) Has macro function built in.
- Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 full metal body and sharp as a razor (my favourite lens)
- Olympus FL600R Flash (8 off). you can never have to many speedlights.
- Pocketwizard Trigger Transmitter (x1). For firing my flashes off-camera.
- Pocketwizard Receiver (x2). For firing my flashes off-camera.
- Manfrotto Mini (x3) Light Stand.
- Manfrotto 5001B 74-Inch Nano Stand.
- Lastolight Umbrella Adapter (x2) with Clamp Style Shoe.
- Manfrotto 026 Swivel Lite-Tite Umbrella Adapter
- Elinchrom 43" Silver Umbrella.
- Elinchrom 43" White Satin Umbrella. Used mostly for portrait sessions.
- Elinchrom 43" Soft Shoot Through Umbrella. Never use this; probably should though.
- Lastolight 6x7 Hi-Key Background with trail. Use it all the time for wedding photobooth.
- Lastolight 3x4 Hi-Key Background. always in the boot of my car (first choice for Headshots)
- Lastolight Ezybox ll Octa
- Orbis Ring Flash. Fast and easy to use for on location with amazing light.
- Think Tank ~ Airport Navigator I LOVE this bag.
- Peli 1510 Hard Case. Holds all my stay at home kit for storage.
- Manfrotto Tripod Carrying Case. (my monopod is inside snug as a bug)
- Manfrotto Lightstand Carrying Case. Used to carry my light stands and umbrellas.
- B+W 77mm Slim UV Haze MRC #010 Filters (on most lenses).
- A bunch of Compact Flash cards in multiple capacities from Lexar.
- A bunch of AA rechargeable batteries.
- 43” Reflector. Hardly ever use; I should probably use this more too…
- 3 Legged Thing Tripod Carbon (Keith & Eric)
- Rode Microthone Pro. Pop this on the GoPro for some amazing sound quality.
- GoPro 3. Set this up at weddings to capture the ceremony (and for tutorials)
Hardware & Software
- Apple 27” iMac mid-2014 w/ 32GB RAM.
- Apple Macbook Pro 13” mid 2012 w/ 16GB RAM.
- iPad Mini 32G wifi/3G
- Drobo 5D 16T. Holds an insane amount-o-stuff.
- Drobo Mini 4T. Holds more stuff.
- Apple Time Machine. Just because i like to be safe.
- Adobe Photoshop CC. A must-have.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. Another must-have.
- LightBlue. Manages all my appointments and finances.